Books from Miracles in Action Press
Please click to enlarge image
This edition of A Course in Miracles is going out of print.
A newly forming USA based non-profit will be publishing future editions of Doug Thompson’s work. The Miracles in Action Press (MIAP) edition of A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts is being updated and replaced by A Course in Miracles: The Authentic Original Dictation Subtitle: The Seven Volumes of the Earliest Manuscripts. The new edition incorporates Helen Schucman’s Shorthand Notes with the Urtext Manuscripts in a most ingenious way that offers students and teachers a means to discern what, if any, additional lessons may be gleaned from the suppressed original manuscripts.
Prepaid/Preprint orders for the new edition purchased from Miracles in Action Press will be shipped (with some bonus books) as soon as they are ready.
We appreciate your patronage and thank you for your patience and understanding.
See testimonials here, Thank you!
About A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts
This edition of A Course in Miracles is an unabridged compilation of the earliest available typed scribal manuscripts completed by Helen Schucman and Bill Thetford during their years working in New York at Columbia U and Presbyterian Medical Center from 1965 to 1978. Referred to as the Urtext Manuscripts, this version differs remarkably from previously published “bluebook” editions of A Course in Miracles in a number of ways:
1. In A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts Helen and Bill recorded about 38,000 words not found in the Hugh Lynn Cayce (HLC) version, also known somewhat euphemistically as the “Original Edition” which is a later heavily edited manuscript. Omitted from or altered in the bluebook editions are such concepts as
2. A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts expresses about 50,000 words more than the Foundation for Inner Peace editions which are still later and even more heavily edited manuscripts, and…
3. includes all seven of the scribal volumes generally recognized as authentic channelled material, and…
4. includes over 1400 footnotes indicating variant readings between versions, suspected copying mistakes, ambiguities or uncertainties in the manuscript, and handwritten manuscript mark-up suggesting editing changes, and
5. includes over 1000 footnotes indicating passages which are either quotes or paraphrases of the Bible, and…
6. uses a “universal reference system” created by Doug Thompson which is consistent, predictable and intuitive to which copies of all versions have been cross-referenced making it very simple to locate or cite a given passage in any version, including the primary source documents, both facsimile and e-text, and…
7. includes a data DVD with a wealth of digital facsimile, e-text and audio reference material including:
a. exhaustive and abridged Concordances to make looking up words, phrases and passages quick and easy, and…
b. a Concordance to the HLC version, and…
c. a Concordance to the King James Version Bible, and…
d. copies of all available primary scribal source documents, including the original Shorthand Notebooks in both facsimile (photocopy) and searchable e-text files*, and…
e. a searchable Urtext “Ebook” formatted for easy of viewing on a computer monitor, and…
f. a searchable ULC (Urban Libraries Council) “ Ebook” formatted for easy of viewing on a computer monitor, and…
g. a searchable King James Version Bible “Ebook” formatted for easy of viewing on a computer monitor, and…
h. a searchable American Standard Version Bible “Ebook” formatted for easy of viewing on a computer monitor, and…
i. a digital audio rendition of A Course in Mircles Hugh Lynn Cayce edition, and…
j. appendices with considerable additional historical documentation. and…
8. is the most complete and authentic published edition of A Course in Miracles available anywhere in the world, and… includes a complimentary copy of Allen Watson’s “Seeing the Bible Differently!”
USA Shipping only:
(Click cover image to enlarge)
Title: A Course in Miracles On Copyright Law
Pub Date: tba probably Jan 2016 Not Yet in Print
Pages: 340 @ 8.5×11 (approx)
Optional: CD w additional trial material, audio records, ACIM books in public domain
Partial Table of Contents :
- Highlights of the Trial
- Who Wrote A Course in Miracles? by Robert Perry
- Who Wrote A Course in Miracles? by Judge Robert Sweet
- Bible and A Course in Miracles Comparable Statements
- How Jesus Got His Copyright Back by Michael Braunstein with Tom Whitmore
- Lighthouse Special Copyright Article Dec., 1992 by Kenneth Wapnick et al
- FACIM/FIP Copyright Fair Use Guidelines (Circa 1992-2001) by Kenneth Wapnick et al
- FACIM/FIP letters to copyright violators Robert Perry & Rev Tony Ponticello by Ken Wapnick et al
- Circle of Atonement Pleadings, FACIM/FIP Responds by Robert Perry & Ken Wapnick et al
- Trial Transcripts of PENGUIN BOOKS and FACIM/FIP PLAINTIFFS v NEW CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF FULL ENDEAVOR, LTD, and ENDEAVOR ACADEMY, Defendants
- Witness Testimony Judith Skutch-Whitson
- Witness Testimony Kenneth Wapnick, PhD
- Judgment Proposed
- Judgment Entered
- Interview With William N. Thetford Ph.D. by James Bolen, Sept/Oct 1984
- Copyright Freedom, A Blessing and Thanks by Doug Thompson
- A Brief history of Miracles in Action Press
- aCoURse-aCourCE-aCourCIM2 /A Sampler Comparing & Contrasting 3 Acim Versions by Raphael Greene
- CD (or Order Form for CD) with additional material including digital pblic domain A Course in Miracles book, Copyright & Trial info
This edition is not yet in print and due to circumstances beyond our control there is no print date set yet. If you already ordered and no longer wish to wait, please email email@example.com for a full refund or a substitute of A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts which is in stock… and a big thank you blessing for your patience!
The pre-publication special offer was limited to the first 100 copies and there are none left.
Update: A newly forming non-profit will be publishing this and future editions of Doug Thompson’s work. The Miracles in Action Press (MIAP) edition of A Course in Miracles Urtext Manuscripts is being updated and replaced by a new edition entitled A Course in Miracles: The Authentic Original Dictation Subtitle: The Seven Volumes of the Earliest Manuscripts. The most significant update is the incorporation of Helen Schucman’s Shorthand Notes with the Urtext Manuscripts in a most ingenious way that offers students and teachers a means to discern what, if any, additional lessons may be gleaned from the suppressed original manuscripts. Other updates are in process to the appendices and footnotes.
Prepaid/Preprint orders for the new edition will be shipped as soon as they are ready. The cover image is likely to be plain rather than the graphic image portrayed here.
We appreciate your patronage and thank you for your patience and understanding.
About A Course in Miracles: The Authentic Original Dictation
“This is a course in miracles, please take notes.” Those familiar with the various editions of A Course in Miracles will find the Authentic Original Dictation to be substantially more detailed in explaining Jesus’ reasoning in the early chapters of the Text volume. This is due to Doug Thompson’s restoration of approximately 50,000 words from Helen’s Shorthand Notebooks that were omitted from the Foundation for Inner Peace (FIP) abridgment, and 38,000 words from the Hugh Lynn Cayce abridgement upon which the Course in Miracles Society Original Edition (OE) is based.
Heavy editing and abridgement by Drs. Schucman, Thetford and Wapnick changed discussions of the Bible, sex, possession, Freud, Spiritual eye, Soul and other topics; some were severely abridged or completely edited out of all 3 FIP/FACIM/VIKING editions. Doug Thompson’s new edition includes over 2400 footnotes to references on variant ACIM readings and Bible verses and extensive appendices with commentary on the versions and history of A Course in Miracles.
We offer a free companion website with concordances and source material libraries that include free online copies of nearly every other edition of A Course in Miracles in print in print. An optional 4.5 Gb DVD-ROM contains an enhanced edition of the Scholar’s Toolbox website, concordances, over 10,000 pages of source material, a synthesized audio reading of the 31 chapter Hugh Lynn Cayce text and several editions of the King James Bible.